Jackson County, OH
Salary: $10.00 /hour
– Are you looking for meaningful employment?
– Would you be interested in making a difference in the life of an individual with developmental disabilities?
– Can you see yourself working in a team environment with room for growth?
We are always looking for team players for Direct Care in Jackson, Vinton, Hocking, Athens,Meigs, Gallia, Pike, and Ross counties. We have full-time, part-time and substitute positions for evening, overnight, and weekend shifts.
We are looking for caring people to teach personal and community skills to our consumers with developmental disabilities in their own homes or in our group home settings.
Responsibilities May Include but Not Limited to:
– Helping with household management tasks such as cleaning, laundry, and anything else that teaches and helps the consumer maintain a clean, safe home.
– Helping with personal hygiene such as bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, and maintaining a clean appearance in public settings.
– Helping consumer to plan meals, shop for groceries, prepare and serve food, and clean up.
– Taking the consumer to any scheduled appointments for doctoring or financial needs and any errands that need accomplished.
– Remind/assist consumer with any daily medications after training.
– Document services provided and attend staff meetings to build team work skills to best help our consumers.
– Helping our consumers live their best lives at home and in the community!
– High school diploma or GED
– 3 Years good driving record as defined by BCS policy and maintain required insurance
– Able to lift 50lb and do daily standing, bending, and lifting
– Able to attend BCS training upon hiring, completion of an online 8 hour provider training, and maintain yearly and bi-yearly trainings as required
– Pass background checks as defined by regulations and policies
– Legally able to work in the United States
Benefits can Include (Depending on Position):
– Health, Dental, Eye and Life Insurance
– Travel Reimbursement
– Paid holidays and Paid time off
– Employee Referral Program
– Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
– Raise upon completion of training and orientation period
Ways to Apply:
– Stop by our main office in person to fill out an application at 220 Morton St. Jackson, Ohio 45640
– Visit our website at www.buckeyecommunityservices.org
– Apply here on Indeed.com
– Fax your resume to 740-286-8775