Buckeye Community Services (B.C.S.) is a private not-for-profit agency that provides services to people with developmental disabilities since 1977.
B.C.S. is committed to excellence in service and maintaining the reputation for providing quality services to individuals. Over the years we have supported and will continue supporting individuals in many different settings:
- Group Homes: Intermediate Care Facilities for people who have developmental disabilities – ICF/DD.
- Community placements: I.O. Waiver, Supported Living, Level 1 Waiver, and Foster Care Network. Individuals can live with families, in their own homes and/or rent apartments with up to two or three housemates.
- Adult day services program: Provides community integration, vocational development, supported employment, and adult day support services throughout southeastern Ohio.
- Poplar Row Greenhouse: Supported employment service that employs consumers and community members while providing beautiful plants and healthy produce to the surrounding community.
These services can range from 24 hours a day to drop in services of a few hours per week, depending on the needs of the individual.
We are always looking for new team members! Our DSPs (Direct Support Professionals) are the core of our agency!!!
We offer for our DSP employees:
- $13.25 hourly
- Full time/part time positions
- Holiday Pay even for part time employees
- Paid Mileage
- Overtime available
- Benefits for full time
- Flexible Schedules
- Fun Community Outings
- Making a huge difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities! The reward of helping people to live their best life!!!
B.C.S. provides training to all staff persons. All new employees receive six full initial days of training within the first three months of employment. Individual training is done prior to working with consumers. Training is done annually thereafter to keep up with required Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities regulations. Training includes:
- Resident Skills
- Teaching techniques and normalization
- Dealing with people in crisis and supporting behavior plans through gentle teaching philosophy
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Medication Aid Training